You will need to use young tomatoes for this. Not green ones. But orange ones, where as the ripe red tomatoes will just fall apart.
One 4″ deep roasting/ casserole pan
Pre heat oven to 325°
Half a dozen young tomatoes cored
1/2 a red onion sliced
4 cloves of garlic whole
1/2 a bunch of oregano picked
3 T salt
1 T whole black peppercorns
3 ea. Bay Leaves
Capay Valley Ranches extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in pan.
- Pour Capay Valley Ranches olive oil into the pan until the tomatoes are 60-75% covered
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Then, pull the pan out and flip all the tomatoes over onto the other side.
- Cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Pull the pan out and without removing the covet, let rest for about ten minutes.
- Remove the covet and then carefully pull the skins off of each Tomato.
- They will be ready to serve with any fresh salad or your favorite pasta.
**Save the residual oil in your refrigerator and feel free to use it to poach anything again or use it to make salad dressings or finish a favorite dish, as it will be infused and extremely flavorful and fragrant.
Recipe provided by: Matt Masera
Executive Chef @ Mother Restaurant in Sacramento CA.